Sunday, May 10, 2009

Well, it's Mother's Day. I'm posting this entry from Bizzart Gallery in Bisbee Arizona. I was privileged to photograph a very special baseball game yesterday. The Copper Kings. a local semi-pro team, sponsored a vintage 19th Century style exhibition baseball game at the Warren Ballpark here in Bisbee as part of the celebration of the Warren Ballpark's Centennial. Two Scottsdale area vintage exhibition teams, the Phoenix Senators and the Bisbee Bees, faced off against each other. Both teams were dressed in Nineteenth Century uniforms and vintage gloves, balls etc. were used. 1860's rules prevailed. the Tombstone Vigilantes organization provided umpires costumed in period dress. Even some of the spectators were dressed in period attire. Everyone had a great time. I was able to shoot tons of great photos. I will be processing the best of them and converting them to sepia in order to obtain an even more vintage effect. For tips on achieving a vintage effect with your own photos, see the photo tip (Adding a touch of nostalgia) on the PHOTO TIPS page of my website elkinsphotos.com. I'm leaving in a few days on a ten day photo excursion in Ecuador. Upon my return, I will be adding two new gallery pages to the website, Journey Through Ecuador and Vintage Baseball - Bisbee Arizona. My nest blog entry will most likely be posted from Ecuador. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment