Monday, October 5, 2009

PROMOTE YOUR WORK

This image was one that I used several months ago in a presentation I prepared for the Kiwanis Club of Bisbee's annual prayer breakfast. I made a CD containing Biblical quotes illustrated with my photographs. I gave the group a short program, then passed around a CD to each person present. More recently, I presented programs featuring photographic essays compiled from my photographs of Ecuador made during a week long photo shoot last May. The first of these programs was presented to the Kiwanis Club of Bisbee as a featured program at a regular weekly meeting. The second, and more elaborate, presentation was one I presented to the S.E ARIZONA CHAPTER OF THE ARIZONA PROFESSIONAL LAND SURVEYORS ASSOCIATION. As a result of that program, I have been invited to make a similar presentation to the employees of the Cochise County Dept. of Highways & Floodplains. My point is that Rotary, Kiwanis and other similar organizations are constantly looking for interesting programs and presentations. I can't think of a better opportunity for a local photographer to promote his or her work. In my next blog, I will discuss another great promotional tool, that of donating your work to raise funds for charitable causes.

No comments:

Post a Comment