Sunday, November 29, 2009

HERE COMES SANTA CLAUS - BISBEE AZ

BISBEE AZ ANNUAL FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS - An event took place here in Bisbee on Black Friday evening over the Thanksgiving weekend that offered a unique opportunity for shooting lots of wonderful holiday pictures. The event, Bisbee's annual Festival of Lights, features a series of colorful seasonal happenings culminating with the arrival of Jolly Old St. Nick (Santa Claus) in an old antique fire engine.Santa is then joined by Mrs. Claus and the two of them distribute Christmas stockings to the children of Bisbee. So did I take lots of wonderful pictures? Well, not exactly. Sometimes, even for an avid photographer like me, there are things more important than getting the photographs. In this case, for instance, I was the one in the red and white suit riding on the back of the old fire engine. So, although I wound up with no photos of the event, I had a wonderful, if rather exhausting time, hoisting what seemed like a couple hundred children up on my lap. My point, I guess, is that while getting the photos is important, we shouildn't forget that it is also important to enjoy the event we're photographing. If you attend the Mardi Gras in New Orleans, shoot away. However, at the same time, enjoy the fact that you've been afforded the opportunity to attend this wonderful event. LARRY ELKINS - elkinsphotos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment