Wednesday, May 19, 2010

CACTUS FLOWER

I'm sure you've noticed the fact that I haven't featured many actual photos on this blog. In large part, that is because I never meant for this to be a photo blog. That is not going to change. However, I'm beginning a new feature that will allow me to take one photo once or twice a week and discuss aspects of the image that I feel might interest you the viewer.The above image, CACTUS FLOWER, was taken in a neighbor's yard. I used Photoshop Elements (mainly the rough pastel filter) to digitally manipulate the image. The use of artistic filters should, I've learned from painful experience, be used sparingly. In this case though, I believe the post processing is highly successful, resulting in a painterly image that works quite well. I hope you agree. Larry Elkins ELKINSPHOTOS FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment