Monday, March 22, 2010

SHOOT WHAT MOVES YOU

PHOTO TIP - SHOOT WHAT MOVES YOU. Shoot subjects that interest you. Sounds like a no brainer. Right? Well then, Why is it that I see so many photos out there where the print is technically perfect, but it seems like the subject matter was just an afterthought? Yes. the technical aspects have been honed to perfection. However, th;e message the photo photo conveys to the viewer is, "Ho hum. I'm so boring. But, all the same, I'm a technical wonder." The tonal quality is exquisite. the composition is perfect. The exposure is right on the money and the subject matter would put a caffeine addict to sleep. Where's the passion? If you're not moved by the subject matter, what makes you think the viewer will be? During my recent trip to northern Thailand, I found that reflections of buildings in the ancient moat fascinated me. That fascination was, I believe, reflected (pun intended) in my abstract images of those reflections. So, reflect on this. If you're not intrigued by the subject of your image , most likely, no one else will be. LARRY ELKINS ELKINSPHOTOS FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment