Tuesday, August 24, 2010

IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY ISN'T.

I'VE RECENTLY RECEIVED TWO JOB OFFERS THAT ARE UNBELIEVABLE. AND I MEAN THAT QUITE LITERALLY. The first offer involved my shooting a party somewhere in the state of Georgia. The gentleman wanting to hire me offered to fly me to Georgia and pay my expences while I was there. How great is that? This gem of a guy offered to send me a check for Ten thousand dollars. This check would be made out to me by a friend of his who owed him the money. I was then to deposit the check in my checking account, keep $2000 to cover my fee and flight to Georgia. Then I would send him the additional $8,000 back immediately so he could rent the venue and hire the dancing girls. What a deal. Unfortunately, I had to decline his kind offer due to the fact that I still have a small but significant amount of grey matter between my ears. The second, more recent offer, involved a couple from England who were going to be relocating in Arizona and were just dying to hire me to shoot their 50th wedding anniversary. This one I didn't respond to. Could these offers be legit? Well, perhaps. If I toss a quarter into the air, it could land on its edge rather than heads or tails. And I might walk out onto my front lawn on a beautiful sunny day and get zapped by lighting. But it's not very likely. The moral of this story:If an offer, particularly one received online, sounds too good to be true, IT PROBABLY AIN'T TRUE. LARRY ELKINS - ELKINSPHOTOS FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment