Monday, January 25, 2010

99 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL AND 40,000 PICS IN THE CAMERA,

PHOTO TIP - Back when I shot film, I used to hear the phrase, "Film is cheap". Well folks, That's not how I remember it. One of my biggest expenses when I'd go on a photo excursion was film and processing. So, I'd have to watch every shot. I'd think to myself, "Is this shot going to work?" If the answer was possibly not, then I would probably not press the shutter. With digital however, I can press the shutter a thousand times in one afternoon and the cost is negligible. This is a good thing. It doesn't mean though, that you should shoot indiscriminately. It does mean that you have options you didn't have before. So shoot away. But think before you shoot. Snap as many photos as you need to, but don't just shotgun. Stay disciplined, but take chances. This means, if you've assessed a proposed shot, and you're still not sure if its going to result in a usable photo, go ahead and shoot. But don't let that option tempt you to shoot without thinking. Larry Elkins Elkins Photos Fine Art Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment