Saturday, January 23, 2010

EAST OF WOODSTOCK - WEST OF VIETNAM

In the Tom Russell song 'East of Woodstock West of Vietnam', that term refers to Africa. However, half a world east of Woodstock, and almost adjacent to the west of Vietnam, lies the nation of Thailand. And one week from now, that's where I'll be journeying toward. I'll be privileged to spend approximately twelve days photographing the 700 year old walled and moated city of Chiang Mai in northern Thailand. While there, I will be using this blog to create 'Adventure In Chiang Mai 2010', a day by day journal of my activities there. This journal will later be edited, augmented and combined with my photographs to create a coffee table photo book. I'll also be mounting a photo exhibit at Bizzart Gallery in March. So, for twelve days beginning about the 30th of January, you'll find me way east of Woodstock -just west of Vietnam experiencing my own adventure in a distant foreign land. Larry Elkins Elkins Photos Fine Art Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment