Thursday, January 28, 2010

JOURNEY TO THAILAND


JOURNEY TO THAILAND - In a little more than twenty four hours, I'll be in flight over the Pacific enroute to Chiang Mai, Thailand to participate in an approximately twelve day photo excursion. I cannot say that I'm looking forward to the actual journey, albeit I am very much looking forward to the stay in Thailand. Saying this, I feel like a bit of a wimp. After all, if this were a century ago, I would be looking at an arduous shipboard voyage as opposed to a 24 hour flight. And the primitive conditions that prevailed in 1910 Siam would be a tad more arduous than will be our stay in a luxury hotel. Still, I suspect that my stay in the 700 year old city of Chiang Mai will be quite an adventure. This is my first trip to Asia, so it will probably be a learning experience. I'm sure I'll be suffering a bad case of jet lag when I arrive. So I'll probably stick close to the hotel the first day or so. After that, I suspect I'll have a rather full itinerary. I'll be posting daily journal entries on this blog, so stay tuned for all the details. Larry Elkins Elkinsphotos Fine Art Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment