Tuesday, June 1, 2010

GREETINGS EARTHLINGS

PHOTO TIP - TURNING YOUR PHOTOS INTO GREETING CARDS: This is not going to be a tutorial on how to turn your photos into greeting cards. There are numerous ways of doing so. What I want to do however, is to present an over view. One method that's been around a long time is to purchase card blanks that contain a window in which you insert your photo. One of the leading companies offering this option is PHOTOGRAPHERS EDGE. This option works well with both film and digital images. With digital images, the options are countless.The methods, with one exception I'll cover in a moment, involve printing onto card blanks. You can do this yourself with the aid of various printing and photo editing programs. The number of programs available are way too many to list. Or you can have a company like SHUTTERFLY do it for you. One other method available is ecards that you can send via email. I have little familiarity with personalized ecards. However, again, there are numerous companies out there that will provide resources. I hope this tip will spur your creativity. (I am not endorsing any companies I've mentioned nor am I receiving compensation) Larry Elkins ELKINSPHOTOS FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment