Thursday, June 10, 2010

ST ELMO BAR

ST. ELMO BAR - This is a depiction of the saloon style doors of the St. Elmo Saloon, a 108 year old bar located on Historic Brewery Gulch in Bisbee Arizona. Brewery Gulch, at one time renowned as the most notorious street in the Old West, in its heyday, hosted over 50 saloons, a flourishing red light district and at least a couple of opium dens. Elmo was considered one of the rowdiest of the Gulch's many bars. During prohibition, St. Elmo officially operated as a soda fountain, although most likely a good deal of 'hard stuff' was dispensed from under the counter. At the time I photographed the doors, my intent was to create an image which would be more in the nature of a logo than a literal representation. I engaged in a good amount of digital post processing designed to achieve that effect. Multiple editing programs were used to produce an effect that I feel reflects the vision I had of what I desired this image to be. Larry Elkins - Elkinsphotos Fine Art Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment