Wednesday, February 10, 2010

CHIANG MAI DAY 9 MY MIND WANDERS BACK


DAY 9 - NOT MUCH HAPPENING - WE'RE PRETTY MUCH PHOTOGRAPHED OUT - SO I'M JUST SITTING HERE ON THE FRONT PORCH OF THE KHUMSIPHAYA HOTEL SIPPING MY FIFTH X-TRA LARGE CHANG BEER OF THE DAY WHEN MY MIND BEGINS DRIFTING BACK TO THAT UNFORTUNATE INCIDENT THAT OCCURRED AT LAX ON OUR WAY HERE TO CHIANG MAI. We were going through security. I had placed everything in the plastic basket and pushed that and my bags through x-ray. Everything was going fine till I stepped through the metal detector. Something set the buzzer off. Sirens are going off everywhere. Suddenly, I find myself surrounded by a half dozen TSA agents armed with A-K 47's. It turns out, I forgot to drop my keys in the little plastic basket. Before I can say "Hi, Jack!", I'm being subjected to a very thorough pat down search conducted by a 370 pound female TSA agent. Next I'm put through the one of the new body scanners. You know the ones I mean. They see through your clothes. So, like I just stand there while everyone gathers for the peep show. Then I'm hauled off for further questioning. First thing I know I'm seated in one of those little rooms with a 250 watt light bulb hanging from the ceiling. After a few hours of intense questioning and a short session with a rubber hose, I'm finally released back into the general population. They've held the Flight for me, which I guess is a good thing, but now the passengers are thoroughly pissed off. WELL, MAYBE IT WASN'T QUITE THAT DRAMATIC. But you can bet the farm that when I go through that detector on the trip back to Bisbee, I'm not gonna be carryin' no metal, not even a damn paper clip. Larry Elkins Elkinsphotos Fine Art Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment